Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very excited about this. I have made a blanket before with just the plain ole knit stitch, but my mom taught me how to purl today!

I am making an itty bitty newborn soaker for my baby due on July 12. I just didn't feel right spending money to have one made that would only fit for a couple of weeks, but I wanted one I could use right away. All the ones I have bought look like they won't fit for a month or so. I just hope it's not too small.

Anyway, I just had to share. I have finished the ribbing at the top, and am making my way through the body.

Oh, and I learned how to add stitches as well. This is very exciting. Now if I could only knit and surf MDC at the same time, I would be in heaven!

· Registered
2,728 Posts
You're so lucky you have someone to help you. I taught myself completely from books, and believe me, that's the hard way. Now that you know how to purl, you can have an ongoing debate as to which is easier - knitting or purling. Knitting I do more, but with purling, your work is in front so you can see what you're doing.

You may not be able to knit and surf MDC at the same time, but you can knit and watch tv at the same time. TV generally bores me, but if I'm knitting, it's not so bad. DH grumbles that I'm not watching when we rent a movie, but usually hearing is enough for me to know what is going on. I only look up when it gets quiet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.