Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back story - I have been part of this practice for 4 years. I am only there part time since my dad died in October. I do not get along particularly well with the other doctor, but we have known each other for 17 years. I also own 3 restaurants with my brother and they take up a good bit of time and contribute more significantly to our income than my practice. That said, I love my patients and practicing.
So, two weeks ago things got a little crazy at the office. There were some miscommunications and some information was not given to me. Last week things escalated a bit and I sent a very non threatening email asking that I be told about major changes at the office before the staff so we can avoid the miscommunications. Apparently this was the beginning of a standoff that I didn't know I was in. Last night he called and asked to have lunch with me to discuss schedules and such. Having experience with his roundabout manner, I knew it would be a bigger discussion. I went in today to an attack and a complaint that I have not been as present at the office (of course in the last 3 months I have lost my dad, found out I am pregnant, and moved). Fair enough, but we had discussed this before. Then he asked that I change my hours and be available for other meetings which again we had discussed before and I am not willing to do either because my kids come first and I can't be at work until 8 when they have school. The meeting ended with me telling him I will see my patients this week, then next week I am leaving the office. I found out later that he showed the email I sent to the staff while saying conversations between the doctors are private. Makes no sense.
Sometimes the freedom to just react that I have during pregnancy is frightening. I am hurt by the way this happened, but I am in no way unhappy with the decision.
I need a break from these major life changes.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Sounds like something that needed to happen, anyway! I'm sorry to hear of the headache involved, but hopefully now you'll be able to relax a little more.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm ok about the whole thing. I just can't really talk to anyone IRL because of professionalism and my dad would have been my sounding board for this. My DP has been super supportive, but I gotta say my first instinct afterwards was to call my dad and tell him.
Thanks for the

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Sometimes the freedom to just react that I have during pregnancy is frightening.
uhh...yeah...Thats my problem too.
I am so sorry you are having to deal with idiots but honestly to me it sounds like a blessing in disguise. I hate dealing with people who cannot do what they say and say what they do and it seems like this guy is just one of those people always looking to stir up the pot. You will probably be able to pour more time and energy into your other work at this point and hopefully find some real enjoyment in doing so. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
I'm sorry though it sounds like it was a blessing in disguise!

Sorry about your dad passing away too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.