Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrrr... I am so mad right now...

I take care of my little sisters DS (4 months) everyday while she's at work. It has been incredibly straining on my relationship with DH but more importantly, I feel like MY own son is spending waaaaaay too much time in his stupid "babysitter" which is what I call his excersaucer (no offense to anyone who uses them)

So I told my sister today that she HAD to find someone else to take her son at least twice a week (so that I would only have him 3 days a week) because I feel like neither one is getting enough attention from me... and she told me than on the nights that I have bible study, if MY SON (Connor) is getting fussy.. she just puts him in his excersaucer and PUTS HIM IN HIS ROOM AND SHUTS THE DOOR SO THAT SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO HEAR HIM!!!!!!!!

I am so angry right now... all I know is that she is NOT going to be left with my son anymore... I just called an let our preacher's wife know that I won't be making it to Bible Study for awhile because my STUPID LITTLE SISTER can't be trusted to watch my son....

Oh I am so mad.
:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
!!!!!!

I don't even know what to say. You are SO right to be furious. I would be seeing red. Livid. No, beyond livid. I cant' believe she would do that to any child, let alone her own nephew.

What the hell is wrong with people?!

I'm sorry, mama. My sister is great with my kids, but I have other family members I wouldn't trust if I weren't on the same floor as them and my children. I sincerely hope you can find someone more loving and responsible to care for your son.

I hate to think of it this way, but if she does that to yours, what's she doing with hers?

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
I am really sorry about your sister. If it were my child, I would NEVER let her watch him again! Come to think of it, I would never let any of my brothers watch my children for similar reasons.

I guess that is why we don't get along so well.

Bible study is great, but your children are more important, especially when they are too young to take care of themselves. You can alway study by your self at home. Not the same, but just as effective, AND you are there to care for your son.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think you have every right to be furious, if I found out someone did that to my baby I would have a hard time speaking to them again.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I woul be so mad I would never trust her with my child again. In fact that would be a relationship-damaging thing. I am so sorry. That is horrifying.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
How terrible! Are you still going to watch her son now? I would have a really hard time seeing and doing anything for this woman anymore
:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am still going to watch her son, because 1.) he didn't do anything wrong and 2.) since she is not paying me to watch her son, I know that she doesn't have the $$ to afford a decent daycare, which means she would probably just use the free one at the local high school... and I really don't want my nephew being taken care of by children looking for extra credit, KWIM?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts