Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This alleviates most of my concern. I found the placenta one night and then today I made sure my bladder was full and there was the heartbeat, nice and strong.

I still don't even look the slightest bit pregnant which is fine because I'm sure there will be plenty of time to get enormous.

Just had to put out an update.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I thought about renting a doppler but then was worried about using it too much and maybe overstressing the baby. Did you get the heartrate? I still have yet to hear my baby's but I do have a fetoscope so hopefully in about 6 weeks I will be able too!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Where did you rent it from? We have tossed around the idea, but haven't decided yet. Most of my m/w appointments will be when my DS is in school, so he will miss that wonderful sound.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I rented the doppler from heartbeats at home. It was 22 for one month including shipping both ways. If you decide to keep it, it gets cheaper each month.

Luckily I found the heartbeat right away and only did it for a few seconds just to make sure it was strong. We think it was around 150.

Yes, it was music to my ears.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
thanks for letting me know the site

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
cool, we are going to the mw on thursday, i hope she can find the HB.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
honeybeedreams, remember that a full or slightly full bladder really helps. I guess just pee out what you have to to check your urine and keep the rest in.

I can find the hb in 1 second with a full bladder but if I try later in the day with an empty one, no luck at all.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.