Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:
: Nuts right? My MW/Ob's office doesn't do them unless there is a problem or you request. Well the pressure between my legs has been so intense, i just HAD to know what was going on. So I asked MW to check me at today's appointment. She probably thought I was NUTS
: 1-2cm, 50% thinned. At least I know. Oh yes and baby's head is engaged, accounting for the tremendous pressure. I was surprised to hear he's engaged because I had read that with second and subsequent pregnancies this doesn't happen until you go into labor. But it doesn't work that way for everyone I suppose. I requested a VE....what is wrong with me?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
aw, you're not nuts. I did the same thing last week, for the same reasons. There was just SO MUCH pressure, I wanted to know what was up. And the same result! 1-2, 50%, head very low. Lots has changed since then - this baby yo-yos a lot. I wasn't discouraged by the report, I felt better just knowing what was going on. I know it doesn't matter or mean anything in terms of when you'll go into labor, but at that point it was important for me to know, so I asked. I have another appointment tomorrow, and I won't ask to be checked, because I'm not so curious at this point. I'm pretty much resigned to being pregnant until September
:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am going to request one at my appt on Fri if I don't have this baby before then because I am just dying to know if anything is going on. No, you are not nuts.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Juice
I'm pretty much resigned to being pregnant until September
:

I dont want a VE because Im afraid it will make me feel even more hopeless. The last time I checked my cervix, which is getting harder to do everytime, I was at 1...have been for a month now. COME ON 2!!!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
ashley, that's always my concern. Fortunately I was checked once each of the last two babies, and that was after some laboring, and both times I was 6 or 8, so it was a great boost. But getting a dismal answer is really demoralizing when you're IN labor.

Of course, here's the real truth: it doesn't matter what the number is. Not to be totally scary, but I was 8+cm for 9 hours with this last labor. It was a sucky sucky long labor. Baby's position was not good at all.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
But getting a dismal answer is really demoralizing when you're IN labor.

Baby's position was not good at all.
I had the same thing happen with my first baby. He was posterior and that made everything ten times longer than normal. This time, I'm going to ask that I not be told my progress. I don't think it helps at all to think about it when you're actually IN labor.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I figure I'll know Im almost done when I feel the urge to push. The last thing I want to feel is discouraged during the birthing process.

Amy-9 hours at 8!!!
Now I definitly dont want to know whats going on down there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts