27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yipee!!!! Woohoo!!!!
:
:
:

I think maybe I startled her though.
But when I said "what a cute baby, so precious" she smiled and thanked me
and her baby wasn't doing a shirt dive so maybe he was just done nursing and that's why they stopped? I really hope so.

Anyway, it was sooo cool, she was just checking the computer and had her t-shirt up and him latched on, which I noticed all in a second as I came round the corner (almost tripped over the computer chair, it's a kind of silly place for them to have put a computer with a pole right there, very odd) although I don't think I would have noticed if I wasn't interested in babies so much, you know?

Whee!!! This is like the second time I've seen NIP in this town and the first time I didn't really see NIP I just saw a huge blanket and a baby carrier sitting together on a bench.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Heehee, I was hoping it was me that you saw NIP, but I don't believe I have ever nursed at the computer in the library!
. In our town, the library is one of the only air conditioned places where kids can hang out (and small kids can make noise). WTG for that mama, and way to go for you for giving NIP a thumbs up
!

Oh, I did NIP at the library in the kids section-- that was the only place I felt comfortable since DS makes alot of noise, and I didn't want to get kicked out of the library for making noise in 110 deg. weather!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
My library in Nova Scotia is insanely breastfeeding friendly. In NS there are stickers that establishments can get to put on their door that proclaims the place "Breastfeeding Friendly". The library has one. They also have baby and toddler activities and we were told at the beginning of each one that breastfeeding is welcome anywhere in the library. They also have nice comfy chairs placed around the library and they have placed some away from all the activity so mothers that would like/need more privacy to nurse can go there. The head librarian has said to me on different occasions that she would love to see more mommies feeling comfortable with NiP.

It's one of the few places outside of a LLL meeting that I have seen NIP in my small town.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I've found the library to be one of the best places to NIP--very quiet and usually pretty comfy chairs! I am so happy you saw a momma--I don't think I have seen a woman NIP since moving here a year ago!

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That reminds me, I might actually have seen another nursing mama at the other library. She was in the YA section on a comfy chair that's pretty out of the way and her baby was standing up on her lap and they were just kind of hanging out back there. I didn't see a bottle at all (glanced at the diaper bag) and it's not the usual area people sit with their babies, so I'm hoping she was there for her baby to be less distracted and they were playing after nursing.

The other cool thing about the first mama I mentioned is that she wasn't even in a comfy chair. Just this armless wooden thing for using with the computers, just going about her business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.