Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She is wonderful in person (and had a deeper voice than I was expecting - I'm not sure why I expected it to be higher, and it's not like she sounded like Rick Astley or anything...). She signed books after, was gracious about photographs, told funny stories. Fantastic evening.

If you have a chance to go see her speak, you so completely should.

I finished the toddler sock I was working on while I was there (I had 2 inches of ribbing done when I got there - I did the 2 more inches of leg, turned the heels, 3 inches of foot and toe decreases - that last bit while in line). So, now that mate is done. I kitchenered the toe while waiting for appetizers after the reading - a friend and I went out to a Sushi place (I'm sushi-phobic and had cooked stuff
).

~amey (hoping to post pictures later today or tomorrow - they're on my friend's camera)

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm so jealous!!! She was just in Albuquerque, but we've been in the process of moving and a 3 hour road trip was just not manageable. I love her books and blog so much I'd love to be a Harlot roadie!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HOnestly, you'd think her publicist was a sadist for sending her to Phoenix at the end of July. You'll note from her blog, tho, that it was relatively "cool" when she was here - it probably ONLY got up to 100. The week previous we had one day when it got up to 118, with every other day that was probably over 110 for the high.

And then a day with rain and winds up to 60MPH (we ended up losing the Mesquite in our front yard
: ).

~amey (who can be seen in the picture, near the back, on the right
)

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I am so jealous. No-one ever comes to the land of Rowan and acrylic

(I wondered if you were in the picture.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts