Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I told everyone I was pregnant on Facebook because I was too lazy to call everyone individually.

Is that horrible?

Part of the reason I did it was because I had been complaining on facebook about being up all night with nausea for a few weeks and everyone kept asking what was wrong and if I was pregnant. Well, the real reason is that I wanted everyone to know, but I was honestly too lazy to tell everyone. I'm more of a "tell one person and let the news spread" type.

At least I called my parents.

· Registered
946 Posts
I haven't spilled the beans on FB yet, but that will be the method I tell most people. And most of my FB friends live far away from me. I'm just waiting a little bit longer because I feel so blah right now.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
I totally spilled the beans on FB. We did tell parents first, but I posted the day after I tested positive. I didn't exactly say "I'm pregnant!" but instead I posted "POAS and got a BFP!" i didn't really think about the fact that I was announcing it, but I did want to share with all my friends. Many of my food friends are from MDC and we chat on FB daily, and I wanted to share. My 2 cousins did post back that it was strange to find out on FB, but I don't think they were upset or anything.

· Registered
5,391 Posts
The beans have been spilled on facebook since I found out I was pregnant lmao... But my messages are so cryptic that unless you knew we have been trying for ages, you might not figure it out. My message yesterday read '8 WEEKS!!!
' lmao - thats obvious to me, but you would be surprised how many messages I get from people who are clueless lmao.

Oh - I also have a lilipie pregnancy ticker on my wall lmao. A lot of people have not noticed that though lol.

· Registered
1,274 Posts
There was a whole thread on clever ways to do that on the "I'm pregnant" forum, so you aren't alone LOL.
3 people on my friend's lists have announced theirs on FB in the last 2 months, too
People who I don't talk to daily will find out on my FB next month

· Registered
742 Posts
I don't think it's horrible. I probably will do the same thing in a month. I have several friends who've announced on fb lately, too.

· Registered
3,095 Posts
I also announced on FB. Most my friends are on there and especially friends from MDC that don't come to the message boards anymore

· Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whew! Okay, so I'm not terrible. I was kind of cryptic, too, but everyone caught on right away. I said I expected my family size to increase by 25% in April 2010.

But of course, this was after complaining endlessly about nausea (when I really had NO clue I was pregnant) and people kept asking me if I was pregnant... so...

· Registered
2,636 Posts
I did too. The only people who knew prior were my husband, sister, mom, dad and bff.

· Registered
764 Posts
That's what I'm planning to do next month. We'll call family and close friends before we announce on FB. On a related topic-is anyone delaying telling family until the 2nd trimester? I'm debating about waiting since my FIL passed away unexpectedly this summer and I don't want to announce to my MIL that we're having a babe only to have something happen. I just worry about her. . .

· Registered
1,003 Posts
I told my parents pretty much right away, but we're close and they would be hurt if I put off telling them. DH hasn't told his family yet. And I haven't told my sister yet. We'll tell them by 12 weeks or after we hear/see a hb past 10 wks. We've already told close friends (we see them all the time, they know what's happening our lives, and they notice when I turn down wine
) Everyone else gets to hear via facebook at 13 wks.

· Registered
218 Posts
LOL well I spilled the beans on Friday.NOONE has commented which is weird because within an hour of me mentioning I was pregnantr the last time,I had 5 ppl email me and my mom.

Its been days and noone has said a thing

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbins0614 View Post
That's what I'm planning to do next month. We'll call family and close friends before we announce on FB. On a related topic-is anyone delaying telling family until the 2nd trimester? I'm debating about waiting since my FIL passed away unexpectedly this summer and I don't want to announce to my MIL that we're having a babe only to have something happen. I just worry about her. . .

I told my mom right away, my dad and brother an call wait. We were supposed to wait to tell DP's family but he already told his dad, then told one of his sisters and her DH last night. His other 4 sisters and his brother will find out later (if he can keep his trap shut)

· Registered
311 Posts
We told our immediate family last week, and a few close friends this week. I'm still waiting until I'm safely in the second trimester before announcing on facebook. What do you guys count as the second trimester - 12 or 13 weeks? I'd prefer to wait as late as possible, but I'm afraid I'll be definitely showing by then and no longer just looking bloated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.