Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
<p>Why are you wanting to squirt breastmilk in your babes eye? Does he/she have an eye infection? I would not suggest squirting breastmilk in the eye if you still have thrush.</p>

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
<p>I am also confused as to why you want to squirt your baby in the eye with BM?  Or was it an accident and you are hoping it won't do any damage?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
<p>It's often recommended to use a squirt of breastmilk and massage for clogged tear ducts; maybe that's what's going on here?</p>

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>Yeah the baby has the milky eye thing goin on. My midwife has been really generous in how she has helped us (we havnt even paid her yet nor does she expect it) And I just call her so much and forgot to ask that the last time we spoke. It was her that suggested the breast milk in the eye.But I broke and called her anyway(left a message) awhile ago cause he is just unconsolable from all the gas in his tummy and im at my wits end as to what to do for him. finally he's passed out after a warm shower we took but he will be waking up screaming soon...... *sigh*</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll check back in and tell you what my midwife says about it. Thankyou!</p>

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
From what I've read thrush isn't gone completely until 14 days from last symptom. So, if you aren't symptom free for 14 days you could very well pass yeast into his little eye (ouch!). I wouldn't risk it myself. Do you have a friend without thrush who could lend a few drops for your son's eyecare needs? I wish you a speedy recovery from thrush!<br><br>
Jenne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts