Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>not really sure why i am posting this or if i am asking for anything. i guess i am just feeling sort of like it is a bitter sweet time.</p>
<p>i'm arround 15 or 16 weeks pregnant and i guess my milkd is gone now. my son told me he is to big for milkies! i have no idea where he has ever heard anything about age and not having milkies! last night he woke up from a dream and instead of wanting milkies he wanted to curl up with his papa. i slept better than i have since he was born but it was a sort of sad sleep for me and tonight he didn't nurse to sleep. he is 3 years and several months old and i guess i feel like if i was not pregnant he would still be nursing. i have hoped to tandem nurse. if he is ready thenhe is ready it just feels like it is more the lack of milk than him being ready. i am sad. it is amazing to watch him grow and mature but i wasn't prepared for this. i know he may not wean. i am worried he will though. he never nurses in the daytime anymore. </p>

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
<p>i know that feeling! my older two both weaned when i was pregnant. they were 2 and 3. they weaned in my third trimester when my colostrum came in and it was "yuck".  i was really glad to be able to nurse them as long as i did, but still had some lingering regret that it was because of the pregnancy and not "their time" yet. the pregnancy hormones certainly didn't help with those feelings!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>over three years is great though! and he certainly could nurse through the pregnancy if he feels like he needs to (lots of kids do). </p>
<p> </p>
<p>and yay for sleep! get it while you have the chance. you likely have another 3 years+ of nursing in the near future!</p>

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>thank you for your reply. he has nursed more since that day i posted but i feel uncertain if he will wean or not. i talked some with him that my milk will return and if he wants to keep nursing he can. let him know kids older than him nurse and that is ok and it is up to him. he mostly nurses when asleep and when he wakes up. i hope he won't wean and if he does i guess i will be a little sad but it isn't the end of the world. pregnancy hormones certainly make it more painful than it otherwise would be. </p>

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
<p>Maybe someone talked to him about it?  My dad told DD something along those lines (she is only 2.5 now).  I talked to her later about how she can still have milk and that it is ok for 'big girls' to have milk too.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>DD1 wanted to fall asleep today for her nap cuddling with Grandma rather than have milk with me.  It was sad.  We made it through pregnancy and are tandem now though.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Congrats and good luck</p>

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was tearing up reading your post, and my heart goes out to you. Nursing is so sweet, such a precious time. I don't really have any advice, just wanted to offer support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts