Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a new carrier. My DS is 5 months old, and I have 4 different ones. But I swear I use them all for different reasons at different times! Anyway, my friend just made me a Beco/Ergo-style one, and now DS LOVES (like love love loves) to ride around on my back while I do housework. I've had it 48 hours and he gets upset if I should put him down to do something silly like put something in the oven!

It made me think - the moby doesn't work for me for around the house right now. He's 20 pounds and it's starting to get hot here. Awesome for getting him to go to sleep, but not as handy for just getting places like before. Sometimes, it's all about finding the right carrier for your needs at the moment!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Totally agree about different carriers for different needs. DD is 3 months old and I just got my fifth carrier yesterday (shhhhh...don't tell DH). Although, I had two of them from DS, so technically I've only bought three for her. I love each of them for different reasons, and dislike each of them for different reasons. I've decided there is no perfect-for-me carrier, but the most recent purchase comes the closest.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Totally true! It's great to have options, too!

My one year old only weighs 20 pounds! She is a tiny babe, though. I'm impressed with mamas who have bigger babies and hold and wear their babies a lot!
It's awesome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.