Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed my period Saturday and I've gotten BFPs the last couple mornings. I will need to call the midwife soon.

According to my calculations, I'm at 4w as of tomorrow. Really excited to be here! I didn't know about MDC when I was PG with DS. Hi, everyone!

· Registered
273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by huggingmama View Post
I missed my period Saturday and I've gotten BFPs the last couple mornings. I will need to call the midwife soon.

According to my calculations, I'm at 4w as of tomorrow. Really excited to be here! I didn't know about MDC when I was PG with DS. Hi, everyone!
If you already missed your period, wouldn't you be over 4 weeks already. Well unless you usually have a short Leutal Phase.

Anyways, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beachlover View Post
If you already missed your period, wouldn't you be over 4 weeks already. Well unless you usually have a short Leutal Phase.

Anyways, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, help me out with this... I count from the first day of my last period, right? My last period was Jan. 19, and my cycle is *always* 25 days, so I was due for my period Feb. 13. It hasn't come yet... and I'm 4 weeks from Jan. 19 today.

Is that right? 25 days is short, right?

I guess my EDD is 10/26. It's been a while, but everything is coming back to me. Including the heavy breasts already--wow!

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Congrats!!!! We're almost due date twins! 10/28 for me! But we're LMP twins!
Hi Beth! So can you explain to me to make sure I get it? Our LMP is the same (1/19), but you are calculating from the date you O'ed rather than LMP, yes? Which is why we would have different due date?

I did one of those PG calculators that asks not only for my LMP, but also the length of my cycle (25 days). That calculator has my EDD as 10/23, but the one that uses just my LMP had me at 10/26.

[I'm curious because when I go to the midwife, I want the latest possible EDD. I had GD with the last baby--that and trying for a VBAC means that the MW will be watching to make sure I don't go "too far" past my due date. So the later, the better!
]

· Registered
1,235 Posts
Due date calc's that don't ask for cycle length assume a 28d cycle and 14d luteal phase. The one that asked for your cycle length takes into account that you probably o'd earlier than a woman with a longer cycle therfore it makes your EDD earlier than the others. You are figuring right

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great--thanks. So I'm going to keep the information about my short cycle (I do ov early) to myself when I see the midwife.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.