Mothering Forum banner

I *think* I just lost my mucus plug!

603 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  zonapellucida
Okay, so I know that this doesn't necessarily mean anything but I just wanted to share with someone who wasn't creeped out when I told them (ie. DH who actually gagged when I told him what it was). But I have had some thick mucus-y type of discharge off and on the past week or so (which is completely noraml for me, I did the sme thing last time for the last 2 months of my pregnancy) but this was a completely different thing- definitely thinking it was my mucus plug. Yay- that means we're moving closer!!
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
ooh - that seems so exciting! nothing too serious like your water breaking, but significant enough to let you know your sweet baby is coming soon...
very fun!
That's exciting...
Who knows when these babies will show up though!
I'm counting the days until 36 weeks.
See less See more
You know, this is my fourth pregnancy and I NEVER noticed losing my mucous plug in any of my previous pregnancies, and trust me, I was looking.

Wonder why that is? I'm kinda jealous. Jeez. What a weird thing to be jealous about
See less See more
I didn't lose a plug either of my previous pgs and based on the fact that I was already dialated when checked at 36 and 37 weeks I don't think I had a plug to lose! My cervix is already mushy and I'm a little dialated (but I don't know how much since I'm not experienced in checking pg cervixes
), I have a lot of watery CF though.

I can't believe we're all so close!
See less See more
I think everyone's mucous plug looks different. With ds, mine looked like brownish-red (kind of the color of old blood) tinted, soft-set jello. Yummy, huh? It didn't start coming out until I was about 3-4cm dilated. It kind of fell out in clumps every time I would pee for a few hours. Ok, sorry if that was TMI.
i've been having some increased mucus, too. nothing like the huge amounts that came out with ds, but definitely different than what it has been.

we're getting there!
See less See more
I had some blood on the tp this morning, and have had some really goopy discharge since, who knows???
See less See more
I think I've been losing bits of mine too. The bodies are getting ready!
See less See more
Yippee!!!!!!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.