Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my last 2 at home with a MW. For insurance reasons I'm seeing a doc for prenatals right now, and he is as natural and hands off as a doc can get, but he's still a doc and he still works in a hospital. I had planned to switch over to my MW at the end of the pregnancy so that I could birth at home. Problem is, I am a little bit disgruntled with said MW. She has always been a little disorganized and scatterbrained. She is awesome at midwifery, but not awesome at business. She rarely returns my emails or phone calls, and she still has not told me how much her rate will be for this birth. Do I really need her? She barely did anything at my last birth anyway!

I KNOW I could totally do UC. I am completely confident and educated and my last child practically fell out. This one might not wait for the MW anyway!

edited to add:
Where did you experienced UC'ers birth? Any on the toilet? In the bathtub? In bed? What positions did you birth in? I delivered DD#3 in a hands & knees position, and MW had to work hard on her to clear out her lungs, saying that my chosen position prevented DD coughing up fluid while she passed through. I would just like to hear about where and in what position suited different moms best!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here's my thought: If you believe that you can do it without your midwife, then you can do it without your midwife.

My first two were easy births. We decided to have #3 at home. While #1 and #2 napped, Daddy caught #3. I use the word "caught" because I birthed him standing up with my hands resting on our bed. No fluid issues for him whatsoever.

Good luck and peaceful birthing.
Jenna

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I agree with the others.

All of mine have been born in a modified hands and knees position with no breathing issues. On the bed...we missed the last two but they landed in a nice soft pile of blankets and fluid.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Noah was born on hands and knees in the water at home. No breathing problems and my easiest birth to boot! Those shoulders were NOT a problem this time!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Ds was sideways (pointing down a very tiny bit) for most my labor, and only turned when I went and sat on the toilet and kept pushing. When I felt him moving down I had to get off the toilet. I squatted on the bathroom floor and birthed him there with dp behind me to catch him.

Sounds like you're on a journey towards UC!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts