Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He did so well today and then very poorly tonight. I know I'm supposed to let him nurse when he wants to but I really think the sip cup is getting in the way. He cried and cried and cried when I tried to nurse him. Dh gave him the sip cup and he got so excited and was grabbing at it. It's hard to get a slow flow with it. I tried again at his last feeding and the same thing. He over eats to. He will eat and eat and eat if I let him, but if I give him 4 oz and then distract him for one minuite then he's fine. When he overeats he spits up. I think he's still getting it to fast and his tummy is'nt registering that he's full. So, after he downed the contents of the sip cup I tried again with no luck. He would latch and then fuss and come off, but with a mouth full of milk. I then took him downstairs and dropper fed him an ounce of EM I had in the fridge. He was MAD and cried, then went with it for awhile and then cried some more. After he finished I put him back on and he latched and stayed there for 10 min. He came off and then got mad and wanted back on. Sooooo, I need to do some tough love and dropper feed him. I know that he can get about 2oz from me when he puts his mind to it, based on how much formula he drinks after. I feel so mean for doing this, but I don't want to go backwards. I need him to nurse. I get more milk when he nurses then when I just pump alone.

Our doctors appointment is tomorrow and I really want him to have one of his good nursing sessions so I can see how much he's getting from me. I would be happy with one ounce.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I really think you should get a baby scale to weigh him because i think you may be surpised he is getting more than what you think ... is there anyway you can get one? I think you can rent one ... maybe? anyway ... good luck and keep up the good work ... i love to read your updates ...

melda

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is nursing using the SNS and stays on the whole time. I think he's getting about 2 ounces per feeding, at least. I am going to continue with this system for the week and try him without it on the weekend to see just hoe much he's grtting from me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.