Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I have a 17 month old DD and one on the way due in July.

DD has been telling me when she has had a poopie and so every once in a while I have put her on the potty and when she sees me there she says "potty...pssssss".

I guess I don't know where to start...or have I already? I would love to have her potty trained when the second baby comes she will be 2.

One problem is I don't want to force her into something she might not be ready for and the grandma's don't think I should start.

We did get a potty seat that attaches to ours from my grandmother...she is pretty supportive of this.

· Registered
194 Posts
Then don't force it! Just go with it. I think you've got the right idea, if you're relaxed about she won't feel like she's being forced to do anything. Besides, even if she's not potty trained by the time the baby comes (I can see why you'd love for that to happen though), nothing wrong with a little more awareness eh? It'll only help in the end.

EC is so very much not about force.

Melissa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.