Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got the stash all nice and simplified and complete, BUT...

I keep petting the Thirsties prefolds compared to the IPF's I have, and the Thirsties are SO much softer.

I am SO tempted to replace all my prefolds with Thirsties! How crazy is that???

Even if I try to soften mine back up with vinegar or something (in case there's buildup) I'm quite sure they were never as soft as Thirsties.

Does this make me crazy???

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably won't *replace* what i already have (at least not yet! LOL) but I might get some regulars. I tend to have big babies who grow fast in the beginning, so I was thinking regulars might be good to have around, for that in-between stage till the premiums start fitting really well. We'll see...

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
You could order some regulars and use them for burp rags in the beginning to help justify the cost more, and then use them for diapers when your baby grows into them. I'm going to do this. In the past I've just used the infant prefolds for burp rags, but it cuts into our diaper stash on days when we go through a lot. I'm looking forward to having certain dipes just to be used as burp rags this time. I'm even planning on embellishing the regular prefolds by sewing on a strip of cute flannel on the ends and making matching nursing blankies to go with them. Sewing those will give me something to do once the diaper stash buying is done and all organized.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm wondering something like this too. I have some Thirstie's pf on the way and all the great things I am hearing about them make me want to get rid of all my cpf. I don't really need any more pf, but just had to check them out for myself. The bulk of my pf stash is cpf and I'm not wild about the ones I got. Do used cpf re-sell well? I'd obviously on try to sell the non-stained ones.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Used PF sell pretty well if they are in good condition, but the shipping is what will get you! You can get a little bit of your money back though. But don't expect people to pay a whole lot, since they aren't that expensive to buy new.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You are not as crazy as me. I have a complete stash of premium CPF (tye-dyed) and regular IPF and then I discovered the TinyBirds colorgrown PFs (softest prefolds out there by far, but expensive!). So now I have 13 of those!!! I also make velour/sherpa PFs so I have PFs running out my ears. But I love them.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
BTW, I have heard such great thing about Thirsties that I am so tempted to add some of them to my stash. I already have too many PFs, but I want to try those out too! I wish I had heard of those before I bought my C and IPFs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.