Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I sold a ton of stuff to *almost* make up for my recent diaper purchases, I'm still feeling kind of bad about my stash being so extravagent (not hyena at all, but still expensive) and we still have some credit card debt (due to car repairs and other expenses not diapering-related, but I still feel like I could simplify a bit and help out with that).

I'm sitting here crunching the numbers debating this. I could go back to mostly prefolds and keep just a few FB in each size for outings. I have gone back to prefolds once or twice before, and then suddenly I get an urge to change the system and go crazy! Not only for ds but for the new baby who isn't even born yet. That new baby's stash has changed several times. Yes I'm crazy. At least I haven't washed anything yet so it'll sell for lots of money...

Should I simplify again? Will I regret it? Sometimes I wish I still had the ignorance I had when I first started cd'ing and I didn't know that all these different diapers existed!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I could have written this post! I make most of my diapers, and bought a few from different places but truly I feel extravagent too. I am doing just as you said, selling everything (but a few aio's for outings... they are really nice for that) and getting prefolds and covers for my little one and one I'm expecting. I have a motivation too because we will be traveling later this year for a few months and this will be easier, but mostly I just couldn't look at all that money in diapers and feel ok about it anymore. I feel really happy with my decision, I hope you can figure out what will be best for you too

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel better now... I just put a ton of stuff on the TP. I figure if I get the urge to have something different and interesting later on I can always buy an embellished or dyed prefold!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts