Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Wow!! That is so interesting how she's just decided she doesn't want to nurse anymore! I think for lots of mothers, if not most, that have a positive view of breastfeeding (that is more than just food) feel that bittersweet feeling when weaning happens. It's like you're excited to move on, but then sad b/c you don't have that "special" thing that only the two of you share. Or if your baby is younger, it's that he doesn't need you for food anymore. I know I definitely felt that w/ James. I was sad about it but then happy too. He weaned around 13-14m. I think he would still be nursing if he didn't have a pacifier addiction (weaning from that wasn't fun--or bittersweet for that matter! Just *great*). Anyway, just wanted to say congrats that you have such a sweet, independant dd, and that you are not alone in kind of mourning the loss of that special connection.
to you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.