Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really not certain where to put this, so hopefully this forum is okay.<br><br>
DP noticed a red mark on DDs face. Before seeing it, I just assumed it was redness from teething, since he said it was on her jaw, but after looking at it, I'm wondering if it's a pox. (poc? what is the singular term?) I can't find my camera, else I would take a picture of it to get some opinions. She hasn't had a fever, although she has been a bit cranky. I've checked her body and I haven't seen any more of this marks. I've heard that sometimes only one shows up at first and that people dismiss it as something else because there is only one. So if this is a pox, how long does it take for the others appear? And where can I get some SA to help her through it?<br><br>
By the time the first pox appears, she's already had the virus for 10 days or so. DP has never had chicken pox. So do we still have to quarantine? Or does it not matter since he's probably already been exposed to the virus?

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
What does this red mark look like? CP is specificly noted when the pox is slightly red with a clear blister of fluid in the middle. It litteraly looks like a little blister on the skin. If it is just a red spot and no blister, then it is not CP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts