Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that feels there should be a c-section forum? We all just use the VBAC forum if we have c-section questions. Shouldn't there be a forum here dedicated to women that have had c-sections and will have repeat c-sections. Yes I had a c-section. Yes I would rather have had a vaginal birth. It does not seem to be in my cards. I feel like we need support too and I hate wading through all the scary information about c-sections from VBACers.

Don't flame me. Surely I am not the only one that feels this way.

Babydoll

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Not gonna flame you! (((HUGS))) for you instead!
Any mainstream pregnancy forum is chock full of women who are planning repeat c-sections. You aren't alone, you are in the majority!
But it is *very* hard to find VBAC support at those other websites.

Try this one:
http://www.ovusoft.com/forum/

(edited to add that I didn't mean to sound so unsupportive, I think it's a good idea too!)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I totally agree! It would be so nice to have a c-section forum here. Some of us (like me) don't have a choice other than c-sections. I would love to get input from other AP moms about how to do my next c-section in a more AP way.

I hate the bias against sections on AP boards. I think some people really believe that they are just better mothers and better people because they had "natural" births and we didn't. It hurts me. I can never have a vaginal birth and it's not my fault. I say AP is about how you PARENT, not how you give birth!!!!

Just my $.02!

Suz

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I think a c-section forum would be very helpful for a number of reasons.

To offer support and encouragement to mom's postpartum.

To offer support and encouragement and help for mom's going into c-sections (those that are known ahead of time) so that they can be the most positive experience possible in an already challenging situation.

To educate moms about circumstances that create an environment more likely to require a c-section - and what could be done instead.

To educate moms about how to prevent another c-section.

To prevent a lot of misinformation from being spread around and replace it with accurate information.

And to do it in a gentle, loving and accepting way free from guilt, blame and shame. There's plenty of that going around already, why add to it
:

LisaG

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
I agree that ap is how you parent not how you birth. I just now got myself accustomed to believing that I still birthed my son even though he was delivered (does that makes sense)

I'm planning a vbac but there is always a chance that that is not going to happen. There is a c/s support thread in finding your tribe and a lot of those moms are scheduled subsequent c/s and are a lot of help.

I am very interested in talking about how to make a c/s more ap friendly. I had a wonderful experience with my son (he was never out of my sight, I was wheeled out of the OR holding him, bfed when he was only about 30 minutes old, we roomed in, good "fast" recovery...)

But there are things with recovery that limit what we can do as far as slinging and carrying and such......

Even if there isn't a seperate forum I'd be more than interested in participating in an ongoing thread about it......

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Megan,

I agree - it's easy to get "lost" in the c-section thread on FYT. I think it would be nice to be able to have seperate threads like the other topics do.

Anyone want to post Cynthia on this? Ah, never mind - just went ahead and did it.

LisaG

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
LOL! I'm glad you just did it Lisa! Otherwise we may have spent time just talking about talking about it!

Even if it was a sub heading off of the VBAC...you know, like the Pregnancy after loss section....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.