Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems like everytime some a##hole writes a stupid article we get our boobs in an uproar :LOL and respond with some scathing retort. after the most recent anti-breastfeeding article - i thought...maybe this jerk just wants the publicity. look - a good, normal person has no problem with breastfeeding. they aren't the ones writing the articles. its the ones who like to stir trouble.

my thinking is this: why not - everytime someone writes something negative - we just simply ignore it or bombard them with "thank you for your opinion" letters. that's it - nothing else. just "thank you for your opinion" you KNOW how much that will infuriate them!

then - when someone writes a positive article - we do whatever possible to thank them publicly and praise them profusely!

we will still continue with our nurse-ins - but just not acknowledge any neg. press - or kill them with kindness.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think thats a great idea...killing them with kindness, however, just ignoring it may cause some mamas to run and hide in every bathroom, mothers room when their baby is hungry, for fear that everyone thinks like these few arrogent @$$holes!!! I want to get the message out there that it is perfectly normal to breastfeed, even in public!

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmrymoon
after the most recent anti-breastfeeding article - i thought...maybe this jerk just wants the publicity.
I was thinking the same thing when I read it. They are a little late in the breastfeeding backlash.

Plus now it seems that for every jerk article there is a pro-breastfeeding retort article anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.