Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD will be 10 months on Friday. We occasionally do solids, about once a day or so. Sometimes purees, sometimes self-fed. She's bitten in the past, but it was random and very sporadic, like maybe once every 6 weeks or so. But the past few days, she's been biting more regularly. Her first two teeth are in and have been for a couple of weeks, and she doesn't appear to be having any other teeth coming in yet.

When she bites, I pull her in close briefly, then take her off and say "No Biting" sternly, but when I take her off she's smiling so big like it was a game to her. The bites don't hurt as bad as I'm sure they could, but to someone who hasn't been bitten, they hurt.
I wish I could make her see that it's not a game. Already it's at the point where I nurse her nervously, wondering when/if a bite is going to come. The bites are towards the end, but they do come w/o warning so it's not like I can stop a bite before it starts.

Now I know why some people really REALLY want to wean when teeth come.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
DD will be 10 months on Friday. We occasionally do solids, about once a day or so. Sometimes purees, sometimes self-fed. She's bitten in the past, but it was random and very sporadic, like maybe once every 6 weeks or so. But the past few days, she's been biting more regularly. Her first two teeth are in and have been for a couple of weeks, and she doesn't appear to be having any other teeth coming in yet.

When she bites, I pull her in close briefly, then take her off and say "No Biting" sternly, but when I take her off she's smiling so big like it was a game to her. The bites don't hurt as bad as I'm sure they could, but to someone who hasn't been bitten, they hurt.
I wish I could make her see that it's not a game. Already it's at the point where I nurse her nervously, wondering when/if a bite is going to come. The bites are towards the end, but they do come w/o warning so it's not like I can stop a bite before it starts.

Now I know why some people really REALLY want to wean when teeth come.

All three of mine did exactly what yours does, especially my toddler (third). he thinks it is so freaking funny to bite and stretch it way out.... OUCH! Then he grins his little "mini-me" grin....
:

It'll end one day all of a sudden.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
i feel your pain. mine is 10 mos and brought blood a couple of days ago.
just like you describe with the little grin... i don't have an answer but i do end the nursing session as soon as a bite happens. hope this passes quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.