1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original title was
I haven't told DH and I am worried

And i am feeling a little guilty.
I got the definite BFP Tuesday morning. After haven taken close to 10 POAS tests at home and still not being convinced of the result I went to the drugstore and got a digital one. You know the one that says PREGNANT in big letters so you can't pretend it isn't there. I was so intent on knowing that i even took it in the bathroom stall at work during regular working hours (I know great mental picture, right
)

We were not trying and while we had discussed having #2 I know DH wants to wait until he has a better job. He is working PT now after having been a SAHD for over a year. It has been really hard for him to find work. Luckily I have a great job and can provide for us but with baby #2 we will need to move and also, the thought of daycare for 2 is overwhelming. DH doesn't even make enough to cover the cost of 1 right now. In addition, the new arrival will be right as I hit the better maternity benefits level at work and feel a little guilty for the timing. I don't want anyone to think I planned this having only been here 4 months at this point.

Deep down I am scared what DH will say and how he will react. We both want another baby it just wasn't supposed to be so soon and I worry he will think I planned this which I totally didn't. I am still in shock.

I have been toying with the idea of waiting to tell him until x-mas and making it a great present but then I will be almost 8 weeks along and don't want him to feel I kept something from him. With DS he knew the second the test showed positive.

Am i being selfish for not telling sooner?
I did tell DS last night that he was going to be a big brother but I think I am still safe that he won't share the news

help me figure this out

ETA: When rereading I make DH sound like a horrible person. He really is super supportive and I know once he gets over the original shock he will be very welcoming of this baby.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I think the sooner you tell him the better. You are pregnant and he will find out one way or another

He may not react the way you think he will.

Good luck and congratulations!
:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't told my husband yet either. Eek. I took a few HPTs, all no-doubt-about-it positive results. But, I am going to the doctor to confirm, for my own piece of mind.

I am nervous to tell him because although we did want to have a baby and didn't do anything to prevent me from getting pregnant, I know he will start getting majorly stressed about the financial end of things.

I've been dropping hints, so hopefully he's picking up and it won't be a total shock when I tell him. I hope to tell him this weekend....

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I told him.
He was in a super good mood when we picked up DS so at dinner I told him I had a surprise.

He guessed it pretty quickly. After 10 min of minor panic he was totally on board and we were playing the name game. It is kind of a joke from the last pregnancy because we couldn't agree on names.

So DH steps up and is ready for a baby. Worried about money but ready.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.