Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a Dr. appt today. I also have a midwife that I am planning to homebirth with because I had a c-section last time I reaaaaaly don't want to be in the hospital this time. So anyway today my Dr. had the consent form for the VBAC and where you have to check whether you will have a trial of labor or a repeat c-section then sign it so I told him I am seriously considering getting a midwife and having a home birth. (Its actually all set, I just wanted to test the waters a bit and see his reaction) He was so supportive! Suprisingly supportive actually. He even went so far as to say that he would be happy to take any calls during the birth if the midwife has any questions, he said he would attend the birth at home as well but his licence wouldn't allow it. Anyway one of the main reasons I don't want to be in the hospital is because there is no guarantee that he will actually be there for the birth,the dr's are all on call then he told me that he is moving away at the end of June! So he probably wouldn't be there anyway! Geez. I am glad that I already have the midwife because if the hospital birth was my plan I would really not like to deal with my Dr. moving away 2 weeks before my due date.<br>
So I am happy, things are all falling into place!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts