Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throughout and slightly before this PG I've been collecting CDs, of all kinds and sizes. FINALLY, last night I pulled them all out and took stock.

I found out I have:
Newborn:
23 AIO by Snuggables
3 AIO - homemade
1 hemp prefold - homemade (going to make more)
6 covers

Small:
3 fitteds by Indisposables
21 prefolds - standard size I suppose (2 are hemp, homemade, and 19 are with green serged edges and the quilt up a bit, don't know the brand)
2 covers - Dappi and Gerber

I've also got some in Mediums, Large, and XL.

Does anyone have any feedback on what I'll probably need and anything about the brands, some I've never heard of.

I figure I'm going to need/want more newborn covers, prefolds, and a few longies/soakers.

And one or two other styles to figure out what works best for us. After that I can 'flesh' out the rest of the stash.

Input, recommendations etc...

Oh yeah, I put this in here well, 'cause I wanted to. I may x-post with CD in a bit.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Wow! I'm starting to feel like I need to be developing a "stash". I'm really impressed that you've got so much together already.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of it was given to me by my mom. She's got a bunch of stuff in as donations that she can't use or can send out after I'm done with them. (used, not a problem for me)

Craigslist also has some good deals every now and again. (10 for 10 $ type of thing.)

I just hope that we are good to go by the time baby gets here, or at least for the first few weeks until we can figure out what we really need CD wise and I can make some more.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Nice list! I have nothing yet and am just starting to think about it. If this baby is large, do the newborn CDs still work?

Sorry to take over your post and ask questions, but I would love to hear what you December mamas have to say!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it is a toss up, from what I've read.
Some people just stick with smalls 'cause either their babies are big or they can manage for a few weeks till baby grows.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
The bulk of my newborn stash was prefolds (infant). I also had 12 kissaluv 0s. This time I'm getting swaddlebees (OV) and will only get a dozen again. Combined with prefolds I think we'll be good until she grows into her smalls. The bulk of my stash is going to be smalls and mediums.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
I've been collecting NB fluff for awhile now (1.5 years or so
). My NB/S diaper stash

I have more S FB & NB Bummis covers that aren't pictured too, as well as a couple NB/S wool soakers.

ETA: I forgot to list the other 3 dozen unbleached Indian PF's I have as well. I
prefolds!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts