Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered some prefolds. I ordered them last week and canceled
: . I'm so afraid, but I don't know why. Carter has turned into a very light wetter and I so desperately want them to work out coverless for a cool alternative this summer. I really wanted died ones, but I just can't justify spending $17USD to ship them to me here in Canada.

Tell me I'm gonna love them.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
WOWIE - Look at you mama!! I've been keeping up w/your relactation thread in the support and advocacy forum, your boy is so lucky to have a wonderful mama who cares abt him so darn much!! Really, I know it's kinda hard right now, but you are doing awesome. You're doing so much more than most would! And now cloth? I bow to the wonderful mama!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much. I have actually been doing cloth from the beginning. I have bought and sold a TON of stuff. I was very attracted to the cute factor but then found out most of it does'nt work for him. My stash consists of mostly Sandy's and MEOS. I have a couple of cut fitteds for the diaper bag. I have some wool which I love using. I used pf's at the n/b stage and love
them. Then, he became a super duper wetter and that's when I started experimenting. So, now I'm going to try the pf's again. I am thrilled and nervous all at the same time. Is'nt that funny how a diaper can make you nervous.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjr
Tell me I'm gonna love them.

You're gonna
them!
I just love showing off mine.
Ds is a moderate to heavy-wetter, and we've been going coverless most of the time now. Only drawback to going coverless is you tend to change more often, but that's why you've got the diapers.
Sometimes ds will soak it in 5 minutes, sometime over an hour. I talked dh into dyed prefolds because each one was $3 or so, and fitteds are usually $10-$20 each. And the prefolds are great if you're in between snaps on your fitteds (and end up with a funky fit) because they're totally adjustable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts