Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I want to...really want to.
My daughter is cool with dolls and ocasionally she goes through spurts where she carries them around... but the daughters tthat I am in the process of adopting REALLY like munecas (dolls in spanish...your lesson for the day, lol)...SO ... I want to make a Waldorf doll...
*I do know how to sew..sorta...
*I do own a sewing machine...although there is a piece broke,near the needle and I don't know what it is.
*I would say I am crafty.. needle felting and other things.

Do I buy a kit?...or just go out and piece it together at a fabric store?
Are there some good sites that I could use?...I have checked out a few but wanted to know from the pros
Is it realistic to think I could throw this sucker together within a week or so?

OH i know.... the wig-thig-a-ma-jig...needs crocheted? right? I have no idea how to do that... is it easy enough?
Thanks,
Tricia
Oh and pics and links are welcome and encouraged!

·
Registered
362 Posts
you should check out http://www.dancingraindolls.com/

she has some great kits and you can order presewn bodies that you would just have to assemble and hand stitch closed. She has great customer service, fast shipping and is more then happy to help with any problems you encounter. I havent made mine yet and am not good with crocheting but the instructions are pretty clear and she offered any help I need when I run into any problems

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I second the recommendation for Dancing Rain Dolls. Amy had the best customer service and only uses top quality supplies. PLUS, if you can access the co-op board, there's a coupon code floating around for MDC for 15%.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.