Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want breaded mushrooms with spicy mustard to dip it in.

Big chunky pickles. Mmmmmm!!!

Salad!

Stove top stuffing. Nothing on the side. Just the stuffing for the only course.

Gah I'm hungry. I may gain 10lbs by my appointment tomorrow just thinking about all of this food!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I'll go in on the pickles with you... but not craving much else right now. Doritos, but I crave those when not pregnant.

I'm light-headed, I should be craving meat if my iron is low but I'm SO not craving meat. I wonder if it's just my blood pressure being low? (It tends to drop through the first 25 weeks or so and was 115/60 at my 15 wk appt.)

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Mmmmm.......breaded mushrooms!! Thanks for the suggestion!! I have been eating pizza with mushrooms lately. I love those nasty slimy salty canned mushrooms!!

Yesterday I had a craving for a strawberry milkshake, dangerous because we were going to be driving by a McD's. But instead I made one at home with strawberries, milk, and vanilla ica cream.

And I still can't kick the stuffed jalapenos. I had some at a restaurant last week and they were the gross frozen kind. Nothing like freshed skinned peppers stuffed with jack and coated with puffy coating and fried! We'll be officially doing these again on x-mas since we'll have the fryer out again.
:

Speaking of food I am about to go into the kitchen and make a batch of homemade macaroni and cheese!

Sorry if I inspired some cravings........

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
Mmmmm.......breaded mushrooms!! Thanks for the suggestion!! I have been eating pizza with mushrooms lately. I love those nasty slimy salty canned mushrooms!!

Yesterday I had a craving for a strawberry milkshake, dangerous because we were going to be driving by a McD's. But instead I made one at home with strawberries, milk, and vanilla ica cream.

And I still can't kick the stuffed jalapenos. I had some at a restaurant last week and they were the gross frozen kind. Nothing like freshed skinned peppers stuffed with jack and coated with puffy coating and fried! We'll be officially doing these again on x-mas since we'll have the fryer out again.
:

Speaking of food I am about to go into the kitchen and make a batch of homemade macaroni and cheese!

Sorry if I inspired some cravings........
Ohhh! I made home made mac n cheese last week. Soooo good! The kids each got a bowl and I ate the rest myself over a few days time!
Soooo worth it! hehe

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I haven't had any cravings since about 10 wks, I wanted some pumpkin pie, but that was regular pumpkin pie love!

Seems like everything I eat wasn't as tasty as I hyped it up in my head to be. Oh well,

I do want cake now
:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I've been eating a ton of canned diced tomatoes. Regular tomatoes don't do it for me. Just the canned ones. Sweetie asked me "why", and I could only justify it by saying, because they are "more wet." I just put some in a bowl, sprinkle a bit of salt on it, and I'm in heaven.

Also, cheeseburgers from Burger King, with extra pickles and extra ketchup.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think DH is sick of my cravings. *sigh* When I ask him what we should have for supper (when I'm lazy and don't feel like cooking) he says "I don't know. What does GRIFFIN want? What's he craving?" ROFL Sounds cute, but he's getting sick of it, I think and he doesn't say it real sweet. heh

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nigellas View Post
CAKE. I am desperate for some.
Driving home one day early in my pg, I HAD TO HAVE cake. I drove right by a bakery and talked myself out of it. Mostly cuz the kids really needed to be home. Long day. But I got so, just, crazy, that I had to make a quickie chocolate cake in the microwave just so I could make dinner. Insane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD5351 View Post
I've been eating a ton of canned diced tomatoes. Regular tomatoes don't do it for me. Just the canned ones. Sweetie asked me "why", and I could only justify it by saying, because they are "more wet." I just put some in a bowl, sprinkle a bit of salt on it, and I'm in heaven.

I agree. I love diced tomatoes. I've been having dh pick up the food service size cans at costco. We've had a lot of tomato-y dishes lately.

My thing the last couple of days has been salsa. I was so excited to have some last night with corn chips after I put the kids to bed. But I wanted it with melted cheese and sour cream as a dip for chips. Very specific. I reached into the cupboard and there was just a tiny bit of chips left. Gahhhh!

And we don't shop on Sundays. First thing tomorrow morning I think I need to go get chips. I did have salsa on my mac and cheese for lunch, but it's something about that chip and dip combo I gotta have!

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I haven't had any recently. I went through this 'MUST HAVE SUBWAY!!' phase for about two weeks until I got a gross soggy lettuce sub which ruined it.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Not much in the way of cravings yet. I was the same way with DS, but I did love healthy food and loved tomatoes, but I love tomatoes when not pregnant so I don't think that counts. Ice cream maybe?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Anything sweet. I want to stick my head into the pastry case at the grocery store and turn into pac man, chomp chomp chomp.
I'm, of course, trying not to do this, as 1. it would be painful to stick my head through the (probably) leaded glass, and 2. baby doesn't need me to eat that crap. Needless to say, I do give myself little treats (probably more than I should) but enough to take the edge off. Like, a fruit yogurt, or some m&ms. Sometimes I bake one or two of those pillsbury cookies that you break and bake. mmmm.... mmmm....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm with the OP. I have been all about spinach and mixed green salad with lots of really vinegary Italian dressing with olive oil. I've eaten 3 packages if the stuff in the last 3 days. Last week, I desperately needed protein and this week I guess its iron??

Next week, Vitamin D, yay Hawaii!

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Just wait LisaG! I was exactly the same way and the minute I hit 20 weeks the cravings came rolling in......... Now I have to be really careful about what I eat because I could eat a LOT!

Aww, Asher- we both have a Griffin-baby! Cute!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I want chips & salsa!

I had a Stove Top stuffing craving in the first tri. No chicken, no mashed potatoes to go with it, just stuffing. Delicious!

I haven't really been having cravings - it's more like certain foods taste really, really good now that I'm pregnant. Especially beverages like orange juice, Dr. Pepper, and beer (just a few sips at Thanksgiving but they were heavenly!) I bought an 8 lb. bag of navel oranges two days ago and I think I've eaten at least 3 lbs of them already!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, I craved tortilla chips and cheesy salsa for weeks. I swear I thought the babe would come out with flames coming outta his ears.

lotus.blossom ~ I think someone else in our ddc plans to name their boy Griffin, too. Or was that you that I talked to about that at the beginning? (My memory is worse than it used to be and I didn't think that was possible!
)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Orange Juice. I usually don't drink OJ because it's too high in calories. I don't even have it in the house. But oh my, it's so good.
I wanted it so bad I went to the store and bought 3 things of Simply Orange and that was it.

I haven't really craved foods. More like today I want this and then the next day that sounds OK to eat. But I'm talking just normal meals for lunch or dinner. Nothing really like I've got to have it or I'll explode type feeling. Oh and I've totally not wanted any sugary foods really. I haven't had dessert in months. I'm so proud of myself.
: And I cannot finish an entire meal for the life of me. I ate more pre-pregnancy than I am now. Meals that would have been gone before are left half uneaten. What is up with that?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nukedwifey View Post
Orange Juice. I usually don't drink OJ because it's too high in calories. I don't even have it in the house. But oh my, it's so good.
I wanted it so bad I went to the store and bought 3 things of Simply Orange and that was it.

I haven't really craved foods. More like today I want this and then the next day that sounds OK to eat. But I'm talking just normal meals for lunch or dinner. Nothing really like I've got to have it or I'll explode type feeling. Oh and I've totally not wanted any sugary foods really. I haven't had dessert in months. I'm so proud of myself.
: And I cannot finish an entire meal for the life of me. I ate more pre-pregnancy than I am now. Meals that would have been gone before are left half uneaten. What is up with that?
Totally normal. Our organs are starting to get squished with baby and their "luggage"
in their right now which means you may not be able to eat as much as you used to. My mw suggests six smallllll meals a day, but that's so not happening. I'm lucky if I get three smalls in.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.