Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lindsay and my Dd Kylie is almost 8 months. I've had the desire to EC for awhile, but have been hesitant. Its been nagging at me, so I just want to jump in with both feet and do it. It took me awhile to get Dh into cloth diapering...and then I got way excited about cloth :LOL

I've recently read some of the info. in the links provided here and it seems like a really great thing for babies and parents. I will keep reading the links, but sometimes there is no sibstitute for good ole' first hand info. I hope no one minds if I ask a few (probably redundant) questions.

For those who started with older babies - Did you just take off the diaper one day and start watching for signs from your baby?

My baby is almost 8 months, will it be hard to figure things out at this age?

She is already mobile, does that offer bigger challenges?

Do I need a special potty? What common househild items make good potties?

For those who had to convince a Dh/So to get on board, how did you do it?

Thanks so much, and I look forward to spending time here!

· Registered
14 Posts
We started when my dd was 4 months old. When we stared I just let her hang around naked on a waterproof pad. But since your dd is mobile try using a CD without a cover. That way you can instantly see when she pees. Even though we've been doing EC for a little while, my dd still pees on the floor is I don't respond to her signal imediately.

I don't think you need a special potty. We used a ziplock plastic container for a while, but it seemed like more of a hassle to me. We also have a Baby Bjorn potty but dd doesn't like it as a potty she likes it as a stool to climb on.

I've heard of babies over six months catching on to EC. It might take more time because you dd is older, but then again my dd has periods where she doesn't signal at all.

I hope this info helps!

N

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.