Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is almost a year old and has always slept in her crib in her own room but the more I read about co-sleeping the more I feel that it is something that I should be doing for our family and I would really like to give it a try. Add ot that the fact that nighttime has been a bit rough lately and I figure, what the heck! I am really nervous about it because she isn't used to it and I wonder what she'll do when she wakes to me next to her. Also, dh doesn't like the sound of co-sleeping (despite being very AP in most other ways). I thought that I would try it out in the spare room on the futon before introducing the idea of a family bed. Any tips??? The futon is pushed into a corner so I feel very comfortable with it being safe and I also thought I would roll some towels for the top and side of the bed so she doesn't bonk her head. Should I get her when I go to bed or wait until her first waking and then bring her to bed? She usually is fed and rocked back to sleep - do I rock her back to sleep before bringing her to bed or just bring her to bed and see what happens? I'd love any suggestions!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm confused....your post says your dd is "almost a year" and your sig says she is 5 months now. I don't get it. Am I seeing that right?? It would be easier to answer if we knew her age. I think you will need to experiment. I would try rocking her after her first waking, but then bringing her into the bed/futon with you. Next time she wakes, before she wakes, when she just stirs, but your boob in her mouth. Chances are, she won't wake all the way. That's the beauty of co-sleeping!

·
Registered
313 Posts
For us, we have one wall of the crib off, and he is side-carred along side. I do pull him in once DH gets up sometimes... But, for us it really works, because he can rotate all night over there, and we don't wake up with feet in the ribs and such.

I guess my advice is just go with your gut. It's always our rule of thumb. She'll also let you know what isn't comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.