Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a Gravida 5 Para 3, my last pg was an emergency c-section. I tested + for Lupus Anticoagulant after my m/c in 2002, so I have to take Lovenox when pg, even if not positive since it can reverse at any point, which could be fatal to the fetus. I’m almost 11 weeks, so far things are going well. My OB informed me I will have to be a scheduled induction at 38 weeks b/c of the Lupus anticoagulant, which scares me to death 1.) Rupturing? 2) another repeat c/s (I'm typically thick closed and high until close to 40 weeks). I'm going to seek a second opinion. I feel if I'm closely monitored until we are ready, and everything is ok, why do I have to be induced?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Well, with Lupus anitcoagulant, I think there's a medical studyout there somewhere showing that your baby is at increased risk of still birth after 40 weeks. Someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong. My sister's baby was stillborn at 27 weeks because of the Lupus anticoagulant.

But you're right, inducing does increase the risk for rupture...I think you're on a fast track to a repeat c-section. Can you find a homebirth midwife instead?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.