Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>they did a skin test and everything they tested for hived up. all 10 trees, all 6 grasses, pollen, mold, dust mites, cats, dogs. everything. i wasnt tested for food.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>does this affect some of the kinds of tea i can drink? is this a stupid question? lol.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i like to drink green tea, RRL tea, and mother's milk tea. which i believe has alfalfa in it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i want to order some special mix tea and am unsure of what to ask for....</p>

·
Registered
349 Posts
<p>YOu can probably still drink any kind of tea you want. All of those allergies are environmental, and controlled by drugs, shots, and how clean you keep you environment. Obviouslly, if you  have symptoms afterwards (itchy mouth, stuffy nose, etc) then don't drink that tea again, try a different kind if it bothers you too much.</p>

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
<p>I've never had an issue with drinking tea, but I don't think I've paid much attention to be honest!  Normally they will only test you for the specific types of grass/trees that grow in your area.  So I doubt any of those would be in your tea- that would be weird.  :p  But you can always ask which specific grasses were tested, and then see if your tea ingredients are in the same plant family.</p>

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>good idea.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i was just wondering if there was any connection. it doesnt really seem like there is one though.</p>

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
<p>I'm not allergic to grasses, trees, or pollens, but it does seem like a good questions. I would think that herbal teas would be more likely to cause a reaction than things like green tea, black tea, and roobias tea. Though teas aren't likely to be made from trees or grasses, but yes on pollens. I had heard that chamomile and ragweed were a cross reaction at some point. It seems like it there ought to be some kind of matrix for it somewhere. Can't have been the first time someone has asked that kind of question....</p>

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
<p>We do see a reaction with both my dh and ds#1 to environmental things that come up poitive and ingestion and beauty products.  For example - my dh is allergic to maple trees and can no longer eat maple syrup (throat tingling/mouth itching), we were at a condo in Vail that had really nice shampoo/conditioner that was juniper and ds who is pos for juniper got hives on his head and back...</p>

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
<p>We do see a reaction with both my dh and ds#1 to environmental things that come up poitive and ingestion and beauty products.  For example - my dh is allergic to maple trees and can no longer eat maple syrup (throat tingling/mouth itching), we were at a condo in Vail that had really nice shampoo/conditioner that was juniper and ds who is pos for juniper got hives on his head and back...</p>

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
<p>I just checked the food families website that I usually refer to for foods, and it turns out they do have a few enviro things on there- like things related to birch allergies and ragweed and grass allergies.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.calgaryallergy.ca/Articles/English/botanical.htm" target="_blank">http://www.calgaryallergy.ca/Articles/English/botanical.htm</a></p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts