Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to my 39 week appt today. The baby was not quite breech. It was sort of lying obliquely in my uterus, she probably has a shoulder pressing into my cervix. The good news is that she has lots of room to move. The bad news is that since I am 39 weeks they don't want to mess around.

I have an appt for an external version on Sunday morning. If the baby moves they might be willing to wait for me to go into labor but they might want me to agree to have my waters broken so she doesn't move again. If the version doesn't work they want to section me then and there.

They don't want me to wait and see if she moves on her own.

I was really hoping for a vbac and I feel like my odds have just dropped pretty drastically. I am pretty bummed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,092 Posts
Chin up!

I had an external version for my first baby----right before my MW broke my water so he couldn't scoot around anymore (this was done at 42 weeks)...and I had him naturally, 10 hrs later....all 10 lbs 6 oz of him. If he could be flipped around in a matter of minutes, so can yours! This was all done in the hospital by a friendly doc, and then my midwife delivered (in the hospital).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am seeing midwives in a hospital. I've heard that you can't get an insured midwife to take you for a vbac here (seattle). And we just can't afford to pay out of pocket.

I can't imagine that anyone would take me for a breech vbac.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,020 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippiemommie View Post
Is it possible to look for a midwife who will take you? I know my midwife does breech babies.
A shoulder presentation cannot be born vaginally, just so you know.

Sorry for crashing your DDC, just wanted to make sure this was clear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,907 Posts
Stand on your head!

Put your feet on the couch and your hands on the floor!

Is there something about the water in Seattle? -- I have a friend there whose baby was breech til about 39.5w
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I started thinking while I was putting DD to sleep and realized that DD was in the same position for most of my pregnancy with her --just with her head where DD2's butt seems to be. I have a slightly funky uterus (there's a ridge down the back), I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I'm starting to get resigned to the thought of having this baby on Sunday, however she emerges.

I will do some moxa on my toes tomorrow and I have an acupuncture appt. scheduled for the morning already. Unfortunately my chiropractor is Canadian and therefore out of town for the long weekend.

Yikes! I was trying to give the baby more room in my pelvis while I put DD to sleep and I seem to have freed her head up nicely, unfortunately she is now definitely transverse. She just has too much room in there. Maybe I need a nice snug corset.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,734 Posts
Isn't the standard practice to give a mom 2 attempts at a version before induction? The second attempt being the one you you begin induction with? Having your H20 broken before your even in labor sounds scary, but then again so is a c/s. Bummer. I hope the baby turns!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,548 Posts
I have a stubbornly breech baby despite my efforts at home (too numerous to list) and despite seeing a chiro four times who is experienced with the Webster's Technique.

I have a ECV scheduled for Monday and my OB will only do an ECV once (I asked this morning if we could do it again if the first one doesn't work).

This baby has been breech all the way through this pregnancy so I won't be surprised if the ECV won't work. I swing between being pessimistic and hopeful - it changes as the day moves on.

I've come to accept that a c/s is on the cards and I'm alright with it now.

My OB sort of told me off today saying that he is thinking positively that he'll turn her on Monday and I should as well.

At any rate as long as she is born safe and healthy that is the main thing now for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
Isn't the standard practice to give a mom 2 attempts at a version before induction? The second attempt being the one you you begin induction with? Having your H20 broken before your even in labor sounds scary, but then again so is a c/s. Bummer. I hope the baby turns!
I think that a lot of stuff is at the discretion of the doc. I also think that it's the fact that I am in my 40th week that is making them rush. They're afraid that I will go into labor, my water will break on it's own and the cord will prolapse because the baby isn't in position.

I just figured out that the bag breaking idea was the midwives, I think she was trying to sell it to the OB to give me a chance at a vbac.

When I woke up babies butt was almost prefectly vertical but she's moved back to the side again. I think she might have a reason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,285 Posts


Hoping the version works tomorrow and you get your vbac.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by candyapplez View Post
Are you delivering at Evergreen? I live out in North Bend. There is a midwife who does breech/ vbac but she has you sign a waiver. I wish I knew her name. Good Luck tomorrow. I hope the weather's nicer too!
Capitol Hill Group Health is where I'm delivering. I would be up for a breech delivery but as a pp said, if she has her shoulder to my cervix there's only one way she's coming out and it's surgically.

But I'm hoping she'll move. Come on Primrose, head down!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top