Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this point, I'm just so frustrated. I'll be 16dpo tomorrow, no AF symptoms and no more BFPs since sunday/monday

...and I've tried... a lot.

I'm constantly on the verge of tears. Actually typing this brought me to that point.

Why does this have to be such a rollercoaster? Why cant we all just magically get pregnant the first time we try and not get pregnant when we don't want to?

God, the world would be so much better.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'm so sorry...I went through something really similar our first month ttc, except I didn't keep taking tests and started bleeding 4 days after my early bfp. It sucks, sucks sucks. It's so hard. It's not fair.

Take care of yourself, mama.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post
I'm so sorry...I went through something really similar our first month ttc, except I didn't keep taking tests and started bleeding 4 days after my early bfp. It sucks, sucks sucks. It's so hard. It's not fair.

Take care of yourself, mama.

at this point i wish i would start bleeding... my doctor had her hopes up and wanted me back in monday if AF didnt start (her pee test was negative but she said its made for people that are at least a week late, and my appointment was yesterday, when AF was due)

It's kinda funny, I'm the sort of person my doctor and hairdresser get excited to see walk through their door. My doctor really wants to do a home birth and knows I'm open to the idea and that I'm more for natural when natural is just as good as synthetic (medicines and the such) and my hair dresser loves me cuz i'm the sort that goes "oh lets go with dark brown with bright purple highlights"

Gets her out of the every day blue/white perms the old old ladies have her do.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
WELL then

I'm thinking a lot about you, I've been through a confusing, maddening, frustrating cycle, myself, recently, and to be quite frank, it's hell on the mind, the brain. You can't get outside of your body, you can't not feel things, and it would be so nice to just get a break from it all, or to have something definitive happen already, kwim?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
It is all crazy making. I never thought it would be like this. You just never know. My mom had five kids and all of the were conceived on the first try, although she did have a miscarriage between 1 and 2. My sister, on the otherhand, spent yrs trying to get pregnant, and when she did she had miscarrages. She had a baby, miscarriages, another baby, misacarriage, then another baby, and now another! She is on #4.

Since her #1 had such a strong personality, we said that her daughter kept trying and trying until it stuck. You never know, maybe your baby is just waiting for the right time.

None of that helps, I know, but the stories are so plentiful and optimistic that I can't help but think you will not have a problem sooner or later. But I know it sucks not knowing. Yesterday I got a very clear + and this morning, nothing. We'll see. Hang in there!

·
Registered
789 Posts
I haven't gone through all of your posts so I am gathering from this post that you got a BFP a few days back.

My sister went through this and an explanation the doc gave her was that she was at one point pregnant but it wasn't a viable pregnancy and although she got a bfp early on her hormones levels started dropping due to the egg not sticking causing her to begin getting bfn's a few days later and the body was just hanging on and not ready to expell the egg for a few days after her levels had already started dropping.

That is a horrible thing to think of because a MC is always so sad but knowing things are not working this time around sometimes gives you peace of mind and can calm your nerves about not knowing until the body is ready to TTC again. My understanding is that if you MC shortly after concieving then the body gears back up immediatly most of the time and there is no waiting period.

Good luck to you and I am holding out hope for you.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ay well, this was my last chance for a long long while... and if i MCed then why do i have no AF symptoms yet? AF was two two whole days ago... and i havent had a BFP in four.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Well last time I had a MC they wanted to do a D&C because my body wasn't expelling the egg but my HGC levels had dropped drastically. I was still hanging onto hope that a miracle would happen and things would be ok. My levels started dropping immediatly after I got the BFP but my body didn't actually start expelling the egg untill about 2 weeks after my period would have come. Come to think of it when I was 2 weeks late (I believe that is 6 weeks along) I started spotting and finally agreed to let them insert a pill which caused my body to let go of the pregnancy. Some bodies let it out right away and some not at all unless you get medical help.

That's not to say you actually are having a MC or are pregnant at all but hopefully maybe that was a bad test and your levels are just not high enough to give you a bfp but you will get one in a few days. Or maybe AF is playing dirty tricks on you. Whatever the case as I said before. Good luck. I am holding out hope for you until you actually see AF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.