Mothering Forum banner

I wonder if people just don't think I'm nursing a toddler

409 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  TiredX2
or they don't care.
dd is 2 and I nurse her at Moms Club events all the time and no one bats an eye even though I know they didn't nurse their toddlers.
Are they maybe assuming she's only cuddling b/c they can't fathom a nursing toddler?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Good chance of it. Don't worry, increasing verbalness will soon blow your cover
See less See more
Oh, she already talks and askes for it verbally they just don't catch on, I think.
Isn't that the wierdest thing

Picture, child SCREAMING, "I want to nurse" while pulling on my shirt. Others, "Oh, is he tired?"
See less See more
hahah, yea, really! it's gotta be the whole "unfathomableness" of nursing a *gasp* 2 yr old or something. that happens to me alot too.

i nursed maya outside of a mall today, in the car with the door open-she was standing in the floorboard, hanging off my nipple OBVIOUSly nursing, and the security guard/courtesy shuttle thing passed by us, full of people and no one noticed?!
while visiting my sil/bil/mil etc. two weeks ago, ds got a boo boo and cried out "a nurse!" and my sil said "oh isn't that cute, he's asking for a nurse for his boo boo" (she is a nurse) and then thought it was even funnier when he actually just wanted TO nurse! :LOL
Quote:
"oh isn't that cute, he's asking for a nurse for his boo boo" (she is a nurse) and then thought it was even funnier when he actually just wanted TO nurse!
That reminds me of when DD first learned, "The Farmer in the Dell:"

The child wants to nurse
The child wants to nurse
Hi, ho the dairy oh,
The child wants to nurse

(instead of a nurse).

Hey, makes sense! (DS skips nurse altogether--- his child wants a DOG).
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.