Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make my baby books using scrapbooking materials instead of buying baby books and albums. I've never done it before, though, and don't quite know where to start. Where is the best place to get scrapbooking materials? Online? In a craft store (we have a Michaels nearby)? Anything in particular I should know? Is there a way to protect pictures in the scrapbook?
Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Michaels is an ok place to start, and getting better about their limited selection. there are several types of albums you can buy and most of them come with sheet protectors (built in or for purchase) to protect your pics. alot of the michael's stores i've seen, offer beginning classes.... you could start there. do you know if you have scrapbook specific stores near you? they would have classes too. I just suggest that because you could decide which type of album (three ring binder, top loading, strap hinge, etc) would work for you.

and if you want a whole nother can of worms, you could always try digi scrapping! lol

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
Thats exactly what i do for my kids, i scrapbook their moments instead of putting them in a baby book, i suggest you print up a page that says babies first then have lines to add in what it was and when like this

Babies First

first bath ________________

Rolled over _________________

you get the idea? thats what i do but i also take pictures of everything i can i just think its great to have a place with all the dates, i buy all my scrapbooking needs online at www.addictedtoscrapbooking.com i love it there its got low prices and tons of stuff

as for protecting you pages use acid free everything! and have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.