Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's Oprah was wonderful. Leonardo DiCaprio was on and it was all about Green Living. They mentioned the fact that there are landfills full of diapers, but didn't say anything about cloth. So, I wrote a quick e-mail:

Dear Oprah,

I was so happy to see your show today on green living. What wonderful suggestions...it was very thought provoking! As a young mom of a 5 week old baby girl, I feel guilty every time I throw one of her diapers away. I just think about all of those landfills overflowing with diapers. Because of this, I have decided to switch to cloth diapers. I wish that you had offered this as an option on the show. They make super modern, super easy to use cloth diapers nowadays. They're not your grandma's cloth diapers anymore! (check out http://www.fuzzibunz.com for an example) Today's show was a perfect forum to give moms the option of cloth diapering, and unfortunately the opportunity was missed. Maybe you could mention it on a future show?

Sincerely,
Granola eating, tree hugging, hippie

-Lisa

I didn't go overboard in mentioning all of the benefits or anything, since I'm new to CD, but maybe some of you seasoned mamas could write in too? She's so powerful! All she'd have to do is mention CD on the show and her followers would fly out to buy some!

Oh and the "granola" comment was because Leo said that not all environmentalists are granola eating, tree hugging hippies.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I saw that too!!! All I could say was "why on earth didn't she mention cloth????" Maybe since she has no kids she didn't know better.
Seriously though, it would have been a GREAT show if one of her guests would have been a cloth diaper WAHM or even a cloth diaper user for that matter. I guess we know one celebrity that will definitely be cloth diapering, Leonardo DiCaprio.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
I'm off to email her too. I can't believe that all she said was 49 million diapers a DAY in landfills ... and then moved on. I was like, what was that?!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I got sooo excited to see her say 49 million diapers thinking of course the next words coming out of her mouth would be to "CD" since it seemed like they were giving out the "better options on everything they talked about" but she never said it.. I am so bummed, I also had emailed Oprah to let her know about cding

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I emailed her a link to the Real Diaper Association.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I emailed as well ... SO disappointed! Here she was giving eco friendly alternatives to lightbulbs and cars and all she could say was gotta think about diapers ...49 million in landfills 500 years to de-compose ...and bluh ...nothing more. COME ON OPRAH!!!! even mentioning tushies would have been better than nothing.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
That would be GREAT if she did a show on cloth diapering! I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilian
That would be GREAT if she did a show on cloth diapering! I'm getting excited just thinking about it!
she'll have to find some Cloth Diapering celebrity to be the face of the show
....or someone like her friend Gayle who is famous for being her friend.

I would love to see it but I don't think it will happen without a HUGE response from viewers.

I'll email now, too.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
LOL ...I've decided to email her daily until she says something about diapering beyond the disposable facts ... it was just weird to see her with nothing more to say about it ... I want alternatives stated(that was what the show was about wasn't it)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.