Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girls ages 7 and 4 are learning and my husband and I are getting our bearings after many years of not skating and it is so much fun! I've scrounged around at the thrift stores to get skates for their ever growing feet.

We are lucky there is a free municiple rink with in half a mile of our house and given how much fun we had yesterday we will try to go most weekends until spring. We were sledding too yesterday.

Just enjoying watching them grow and making sure I don't grow old too quickly. My Mom would never skate with us when we were kids. She had had a fall on ice and was afraid to fall again.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That sounds like so much fun. I have dreams of doing that with my family. I have a 3.5 dd. But I can never get around to buying skates and a helmet etc. I need skates, she needs skates and we also need to get her a helmet.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I love ice skating with the kids too! We have our own pond so we have to shovel it off but that's half the fun (and good exercise!) My ds, 7, is getting pretty good, and I'm patiently giving lessons to dd, age 5. She thinks she always has to be moving her feet instead of just gliding.

Growing up in Minnesota, skating was a big part of winter for me. I even remember my very non-athletic mom going skating with us.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
My dh recently started a parent/child program with our 3 1/2 yo. They both love it. My dh skates and plays hockey and wanted to introduce ds to skating. There is no pressure and he is not trying to make him into a hockey player. We agreed to try it and see how ds liked it. He loves it and it is really boosting his confidence as he is learning. I love that he and daddy have a special thing to do together. I would not mind participating, but since I am pregnant don't think I will be on the ice for awhile, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.