Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IThree days ago, in a fit of evil twin-ness, ds grabbed a carton of milk from me and poured it all over the kitchen floor. After restraining myself from following my first impulse (you can guess, I'm sure) I quickly seized every dishtowel in the house to mop up the lake of milk. I didn't have time to throw everything in the wash immediately, so it all went into a plastic bag.<br><br>
We washed it the next day, but upon opening the washer, the nastiest, moldy milk smell emerged. We've washed the dishtowels several times, on all temps and settings possible. They still smelled, so we decided to throw them in the dryer to see what happened. The stink is still there! Any advice?

·
Registered
34 Posts
It sounds like this is a perfect oppertunity to put an additive in your wash. I would try 1 cup of baking soda, or 1 cup of vinager or some bleach (if the towells are woth it).<br><br>
And your child better be glad she wasn't mine. Of course mine have done those things and much worse before, but I'm getting meaner every day.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hooray! A cup of baking soda did the trick. Thanks, Round Belly! (And I hear ya on getting meaner every day...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts