Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who had a D&C on Christmas Eve bc the baby stopped growing. She just found out she is expecting again and the weird part is her DH said watch we will be expecting one at the time we lost one. Come to find out her EDD is the 26th.

She told her DH by their Christmas pic last time that they were mailing out but now she needs to find another way to tell him. Any suggestions? I emailed her asking if she could wait till Mother's Day but knowing her she cannot wait that long. Anything special you have done for after a m/c to tell your S/O?

Thanks, LM

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have not been in that situation but wanted to bump up your post in the hopes of you getting some answers. And I hope your friends PG goes perfectly this time!!
:

·
Registered
362 Posts
That is a great story, I wish your friends lots of happiness!! I was just thinking today that if I am pregnant this cycle, I could be having a baby on the day we found out i was pg last time (new years eve), which unfortunately ended with a m/c. My DH will be with me when I test, so I wouldn't need to find a way to tell him, but I can think of some ideas...

putting the pg test in a christmas stocking and hanging it where he can see it? (or similarly, wrapping it like a christmas gift) if that's too icky, she could wrap some sort of small baby item, pacifier, booties... the christmas theme can work in many ways

she could make him cupcakes with pink & blue icing... hang a pacifier on the door knob... serve baby food for dinner.... (that was bad. i'll stop now.)

let us know what she does!

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I don't have a great way of telling dp to share, but I do have a heartwarming story..

we lost a baby in 2001.. we were trying/not trying after that while I was dealing with depression..

anyhoo, I realized I was late. I took a test, there was the faintest little line if you tilted it a certain way. I packed up my toddler and drove to the maternity center at the hospital. A nurse told me it was a negative. I drove to dp's work and sobbed in the parking lot (son had fallen asleep in the car by then) until one of his coworker's spotted me and sent dp out.. dp thought something REALLY bad had happened, as I was crying so hard. I couldn't speak, so I just handed him my stick and he looked at it and quietly asked, "Is two lines bad?"

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It's tough after a MC... emotions are everywhere, and you want to celebrate but are also afraid to celebrate.

I had a gf who told her SO that she was pg after a MC (let me try to squeeze a few more acronyms into this sentence) with a prayer. One evening, before going to bed, she asked her SO if he would pray with her. She said a typical prayer, but ended it with "Lord, please protect this precious gift growing inside of me so that we may someday soon welcome our healthy child into this world." I may not have gotten the words just right, but it was very sweet. Of course, if prayer isn't in your friends daily vocab, this wouldn't be a very natural way to make the announcement.

Good luck to her!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
It's tough after a MC... emotions are everywhere, and you want to celebrate but are also afraid to celebrate.

I had a gf who told her SO that she was pg after a MC (let me try to squeeze a few more acronyms into this sentence) with a prayer. One evening, before going to bed, she asked her SO if he would pray with her. She said a typical prayer, but ended it with "Lord, please protect this precious gift growing inside of me so that we may someday soon welcome our healthy child into this world." I may not have gotten the words just right, but it was very sweet. Of course, if prayer isn't in your friends daily vocab, this wouldn't be a very natural way to make the announcement.

Good luck to her!!

That is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard! That must of gotten an awesome reaction from her hubby. So neat!!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I must be a little hormonal ( AF is due next week..), I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face from all of these touching stories.
I love these.
I dont have any ideas to add though, but I thought serving baby food for dinner is hilarious and I might try that myself one day for the fam when I get prego again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.