Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so tired and sooooooo achey and so, but I just can't face another week of not doing anything with my kids (6 and 3). We are homeschoolers and to give you and idea, it is nearly 10 and we are all still in pajamas.

Ugh! I am getting frustrated with my big boy. I named two ideas: we have this place called The Scrap Exchange where they have all kinds of crazy materials for making whatever crafts you want. He doesn't want to go there. Also, I need to go to the fabric store for some drapery fabric, and I thought they could pick out some fun fabric to make something. NOOOOOO.

He just wants to go to the kids' museum and I am too worried about me catching something, plus it is pretty far.

I think I am going to insist on the fabric store, and then try to persuade him about the scrap exchange.

My 3 yo would do ANYTHING. He is a real sport. What are you doing with your kids?

· Registered
783 Posts
Here's a blog post I just did about what we did last week.
I totally don't have the energy to even go to the grocery store with the boys these days (DS2 is a runner), but playdates have been a good way to occupy a day. Oh, and baking can always kill an hour or so.

I am so so so looking forward to DH being off work. Things are so much easier with that extra set of hands!

· Registered
5,947 Posts
Well today we have an appointment for allergy testing, which dd is not happy about. I want to make sure she hasn't developed some sort of indoor allergy, because it seems like she's been congested all winter, with only short periods of not being congested here and there, and she does have some very noticeable allergic shiners. She's always had those and never been sick much before, so it might just be a bad winter or something, but I want to be sure.

In general, though, DD has been playing too much Webkinz and a little Time4Learning. School is getting done, but just the very basics. I feel terrible that she's been shut up in the house so much, but for one thing, I can't take her out when I'm not sure if what she has is neverending colds that she could give to someone else or just allergies. If it is colds I don't want to spread them around. We're very bored.

· Registered
2,312 Posts
Fighting. That's a fun activity right? Kidding of course. Mostly we do nothing. We live across the street from a elementry school so we'll go across the street and the afternoon and I make sure they don't kill themselves or each other while I stand there and watch with the occasional "ooh and ahh" over whatever silly thing they want to show me.

· Registered
1,699 Posts
We've been housebound because of the snow. Lots and lots and lots of snow shoveling. As in, I stand on the porch and my two DSs take their sand shovels and dig out little caves in the walls of the path DH dug to the car (think 30-40" of snow with the shovelled out part piled on top -- well over their heads many places). DH gets frustrated because all the snow they dig out goes right back on the path, but look, it keeps them busy! And getting bundled and unbundled everytime someone wnats to go inside takes time too.... As does making hot chocolate.

Other than that, we've been doing a lot of painting, because I can just watch and I don't really care if the paint ends up on the table/floor/chairs (the benefit of scrounging furniture from Craigslist and Freecycle is that it doesn't matter so much when it gets ruined). Lots of reading together. DSs are 2 and 3 and they can listen to the same book 7 times over easily, which means minimal getting up to find new ones... DS1 likes to help me cook or bake.

· Registered
1,587 Posts
The girls busied themselves with Play doh, cookie cutters, rollers, skewers, etc today. We also did this today (not my blog, just where we saw the idea). It was not messy and the girls really enjoyed it. Plus there were multiple steps-drawing, painting, watching it dry so we were able to do different components throughout the day in between other activities. They spun around in their Bilibos on the floor for a really long time too, so much so I really thought that my older motion sickness-prone DD was going to revisit her lunch

· Registered
3,550 Posts
One of my kid's favorite activities is to use shaving cream to clean the kitchen island. They can write and play in it, then use damp towels to clean it off and it leaves behind a sparkling clean countertop. The only drawback is the kitchen island has to be decluttered for it to happen....

· Registered
9,274 Posts
DD goes to school so that's taken care of. By the time she's off, it's time for house clean up and making dinner.

Ds is almost 3 and is a little harder. Somehow our schedule has been packed with various appointments lately (February is our dentist month it seems, plus I already did his 3 year old check up because his b-day is 6 days before my due date, and I finally got dd in to her 5 year old check up. Then there is our regularly scheduled stuff) so that helps a little. But other than that, he's been watching a lot of tv while I lay on the couch miserable or playing with his action guys (thank God he plays well by himself!) while I lay on the couch miserable
He's also had fun "helping" me with all the baby stuff I have to do. Today he enjoyed emptying the dryer for me (YAY since it hurts to bend over) and dragging the newborn diapers to the living room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.