Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sisters and mom and I have all reached a point where we want to be healthier and lose weight, and support each other while doing it.<br><br>
Our rough plan is to meet at my sister's house every Tuesday at the same time for a weigh-in. I would like to make these weekly meetings a time of inspiration, recipe swaps, information on health, etc, but I have never been to any sort of formal weight loss group.<br><br>
Any ideas? Are there any websites you could recommend? Or if you've been to a weight loss support group like Weight Watchers, what is the structure/format?<br><br>
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I am in a group that meets weekly. We put in a certain amount of money into a pot and each week if you gain you pay a buck, if you skip weigh in you pay $5. At the end of 14 weeks the biggest loser (percent wise) wins the pot.<br><br>
We have a message board to support eachother. We chat at weigh ins, but most of the support is online.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Corrie!<br><br>
I really like the idea of a "pot" to win, because my sisters and I were just talking today about what our rewards were going to be for losing the most, since obviously peanut butter cheesecake is out!<br><br>
I wonder how we would figure the winner though, since one of my sisters really doesn't need to lose weight, but just wants to work on eating healthier. I guess she could just skip playing and the rest of us (who do need to lose lots of pounds) could put the money in.<br><br>
Keep the ideas coming!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts