Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked a bit, and everything I'm seeing is so cheesy. I would really love some beautiful, glass ornament to remember this pregnancy with every year, an image of a belly - something. Abstract representation if it has to be, but more literal images preferred I think.

Has anyone seen anything they liked?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I haven't really looked yet but I was thinking I might just buy a simple glass one and put on it "Christmas 2008. Waiting for wiggle worm" or something to that effect.

Cindy

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I think it would be super cool to find a glass ornament with a baby in it - just like as if you were peeking into the womb. My midwife has a paper weight type thing like this that one of her patients who is a glass artist made as birth art. Not sure you could find that in the stores though.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a statue sort of deal like that, mounted on a marble slab. It totally would have made a cool ornament!

That would be an amazing mw gift too!

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Wow there really aren't many options out there are there? The first thing that came to mind to me was an outline of a pregnant mama's belly and breast, but even looking up silhouette and outlines didn't get me anything.

However I would think that if that sounded interesting it would be really simple to craft out of whatever material sounds good...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.