Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter goes to a Steiner school. She has just turned 5. I've just found out that we'll be celebrating her birthday at school on Tuesday. I will bring in cupcakes for the kids and the idea is to provide some very small party favor. I am at a loss to come up with what to bring.<br><br>
Past gifts have been a little lump of strange modelling clay, a little gadget for peering around corners, a chestnut on a string, a pretty feather, etc. Ideally we would make something, but I have very little time and the class has almost 30 kids.<br><br>
Help!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
What about tiny flower pots that you can fill with a bit of soil and either some wheatberries to sprout or a couple of seeds to grow a flower or herbs?<br><br>
If you soak the wheatberries overnight, they will sprout within a week.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I think that's a great idea. After I wrote this, my friend suggested a seedling for each kid in a paper cup and my DD can decorate the paper cup. I think that's a great idea. So thanks so much!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Kids this age really like getting "Jewels". I don't really know what the real name of them are. They are basically flattened glass marbles that you put in vases that we get here in the U.S. at craft stores. Shells are also good. In our school the kids bring some fruit to share.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts