Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ideas. My 7 month old is obsessed with pulling up on the furniture and walking around it, and will likely walk soon, since he's been doing this for 2 months. I just worry that if he does this all the time, he's not sitting still for things like reading, etc. What I TRY to do is to read him 2 stories a day, go for a couple long walks and other than that, it's sleeping and the occassional errand. I am often doing other things when he is awake. I'm just worried i'm not engaging enough...

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
lol. My ds was that way at that age--super super active, couldn't sit still long enough to read a story. dh and I are English professors and were obviously really sad about this. Now that he's almost 3, though, he's as obsessed with books as we are. Give it time! He'll get there--let him focus on what's important right now: the physical stuff! Sounds like you're doing a great job.

·
Registered
180 Posts
LOL my DS is 9 months and I was thinking about this the other day. I'll start reading him a book and he might pay attention for a page or two and then he's off cruising the furniture or pushing his beloved walker around....I'm glad to hear the pp's response about them eventually getting into books!! I absolutely love books and reading and hope to share that with DS...I guess we'll see!<br><br>
In terms of what I do with him, I play with him and his toys, encourage him in his walking, take him out in his stroller, take him to visit friends with babies, take him to the grocery store (he loves sitting in the cart now) and other stores...museums, parks, etc etc. Just basically whatever I am doing, he does, and he seems to love it! I wouldn't worry too much...I think just living your life and including your baby in what you're doing is plenty for them. And usually each day that includes time where he's playing on his own doing whatever, and I am cleaning or surfing or whatever. I don't think we need to engage them all the time, kwim?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts