Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like this is horrible of me, but I haven't told DH that I'm pregnant! I was so surprised/in denial that I needed a couple of days to wrap my head around it. Both my DD's have been sick and we've been so exhausted trying to get them taken care of that I don't have any space in my brain to come up with anything fun or creative. I want something romantic, just the 2 of us... I was going to wait until we go out for my birthday (almost 2 weeks away...) but that seems just too long to wait...

Any ideas?

DH always wants to shout the news from the rooftops as soon as we find out... me, not so much... especially not this time, since I'm sure we'll get negative responses, DD2 is only 11mo...

Oh, by the way, Hi! I'm happy to be part of the July DDC!
:

· Registered
777 Posts
I was a little apprehensive as to how my DH would react, so I went to target and got a really cute little newborn sleeper and a big that says "I love my Daddy" and I wrapped it up for him. It worked great! He liked it so much that it's hanging in his closet with his coats!

· Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a cute idea! I guess I should have mentioned we live in a very rural area with limited shopping opportunities... so all my ideas so far have required an hour long drive with 2 sick kids. I know he'll be thrilled that I'm pregnant again -- I'm still at a loss. Maybe I'll just wrap up the test as an "early Christmas present"...

· Registered
1,003 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by donutmolly View Post
Maybe I'll just wrap up the test as an "early Christmas present"...
That is a really cute idea

· Registered
4,658 Posts
I think it's sweet when people write "Hi Daddy!" or something to that effect on their bellies and have their dp/dh find it! dh has been with me every time I've POAS so I never got to do anything creative!

· Registered
4,016 Posts
I think I am really generic. My DH knew when I tested and kept asking me what the result was. I had left the positive hpt in the bathroom and told him to go see for himself. It was really cute seeing him run into the bathroom and run out to hug me. I don't know about you, but I am one of those weirdos that keeps their + hpts...

· Premium Member
1,606 Posts
Welcome!!!

Could you send a e-mail or e-card to him from your little-one? I have never had the opportunity or patience to be creative. I am not a very good poker player either. If he asks if I peed on a stick, my face gives it all away!!!

· Registered
31 Posts
That's hillarious! With our last baby, the family came to visit me at a birth center where I was working and I had been up all night christmas eve. For whatever reason, I decided to pee on a stick that night and it was positive so i did just that! I wrapped it up and gave it to him the next morning on christmas! It took him a few seconds to figure out what it was. He kept trying to open it. When he did finally figure it out, it was sweet! So I vote for that tactic. He'll love it!

· Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shhh, I still haven't told! I'm waiting for Christmas Eve -- I have the hpt all wrapped up "from Santa". We've been feeling overwhelmed with our kids lately (both me and DH) so I really want to wait for that special, just the two of us moment. It still seems weird to me to keep the secret this long, but I think it will really help him (and me) celebrate this baby as it ought to be celebrated...

· Registered
693 Posts
My friend actually told her dh to check what was in the over, so he came back and told her there was "a bun in the oven" and she said: "Yeah, that's right!" and gave him the positive test! :)

With our last baby I cooked a three course meal and I had some bible verses (just the references not the actual verses) written on little cards for each person. We then looked them up and read them until someone figured out that they were all about babies being a blessing!

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by donutmolly View Post
Shhh, I still haven't told! I'm waiting for Christmas Eve -- I have the hpt all wrapped up "from Santa". We've been feeling overwhelmed with our kids lately (both me and DH) so I really want to wait for that special, just the two of us moment. It still seems weird to me to keep the secret this long, but I think it will really help him (and me) celebrate this baby as it ought to be celebrated...
I can't believe you've held out this long! I think dh knew about 15 seconds after I did!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.