Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to title this "a no-pooer walks into a bar". . .

Okay, I've been doing no-poo for about a year and a half and am a big fan. But a friend of mine recently gave me one of those Burt's Bee's samplers with the shampoo bar, and I really want to try it because it smells so nice.

If I do this, will it throw my whole no-pooing thing off? Will I have to "train" my hair again? Should I just use the shampoo bar as soap?

On an almost completely unrelated note, I heard someone on NPR this morning talking about the unanticipated effects of rising natural gas prices. He pointed out that pretty much 100% of a bottle of shampoo, including the bottle, is made up of petrochemicals. So no-pooing will be an even thriftier choice this winter than usual.

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
Hmm... I was going to say don't do it. Even if the soap is a natural non-detergent soap, it will still strip your hair a little.

OTOH, if it does "throw off" your no-pooing, it probably wouldn't take too long for you hair to get back to the way it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.