Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im 19 weeks preg. and i was walking to a store and we were walking there pretty fast and i started to experence tighting on my sides by my lungs and it was hard to breath it was very bad pain but i drank water went to the bathroom and it went away. does anyone know what could it of been ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think I was around 22 or 23 weeks when I experienced a couple of weeks of pain in my left lung. It got so bad one night that I literally thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. I started doing some yoga and stretches to make more room around my lung area. I think the baby was just pressed so tight up against my lungs that it was paining them and maing it hard to breathe. I also kept an Ace bandage wrapped around my ribs for added support and slept propped up on tons of pillows for a few nights in a row. Luckily, I didn't experience it anymore after those weeks.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I was studying in London from weeks 17-22 or so, and so I did a lot of walking, and while I did okay on the whole definitely had the occasional air-supply problem. I think it's just baby getting bigger, and your body adjusting to not being able to walk as fast as you once did. Unless it persists after you stop and rest, I probably wouldn't worry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.