Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have symptoms of a thyroid problem and or an adrenal disfunction.

I know I need to get to the doctor, and I have an appointment but I feel that it will be a long long road.

So what can I do RIGHT NOW to help me feel better?

I am so tired, I am moody, I have extreme issues with cold (Good thing I live in Florida but dh turns the AC to like sub zero at night....he has the opposite temp sensitivity.)

I feel sick all the time (And I always have ever since I was a little girl)

Are there foods to avoid or eat? Suppliments? (I hate pills.
I am on alfalfa, floradix, omega 3, and prenatals....way too many pills for my liking....but if its going to help I'll add some more!)

Jenny

·
Registered
7,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
I second finding a holistic health care provider. In my admittedly fairly limited experience (I gave up on conventional medicine for these types of problems pretty quickly), holistic HCPs listen better and have more useful ways of helping. Lots of alternative HCPs can help with this stuff, it's surprisingly common. Good luck getting better!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I found this http://www.drlam.com/A3R_brief_in_do...al_fatigue.cfm to be of immense help and value to my understanding of what is happening in my body.

With my 7th (and current) pg, being on the verge of another adrenal crisis (was hospitalised in umm... 1999, I think), I took his recommendations and implemented them as well as I could. I noticed a drastic improvement in my health in a short time.

The single most effective change I made was to the way I eat. I used to eat fruit in the morning- big no-no. Now my first activity in the morning is to drink a glass of water after quickly chewing down grey sea salt (I cannot stomach it mixed into the water), then I eat a high protein food. I wait for 30 mintues or so before then having fruit/vegetable and any carbohydrate I want to eat like a small bowl of whole-grain cereal mixed with some organic, whole yogurt. I make sure my protein intake is fairly steady throughout the day and not just in a lump sum at dinner, for instance.

I can't do the sleep thing right now with my pg, but when I started this several months ago, I could and it helped a lot as well.

I think as much as you can do is how much better you'll feel, so the more the better, but don't give up if you can't do it all- you just won't have the full experience, but for me, not passing out several times per day on the floor, the stairs, the children's bed, etc... was a major improvement even though I couldn't improve my adrenal function all the way (yet).

HTH

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I think a great place to start is www.stopthethyroidmadness.com
you'll find links there from different threads.
I am sorry you feel so terrible.
I really think you need to address the cause of your illness, which will in turn help relieve the symptoms of the illness- thyroid and adrenal dysfunction.
Join those threads mentioned above and you'll probalby learn to skip the endocrinologist and GPs, and head straight for a Osteopath- they are more apt to get to the route and treat all the ailments, instead of just looking at your numbers (labwork) and not treat you completely.

all my best!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.